Beton Grout 100 Plus is a ready-mixed, compensated-shrinkage, powdered mortar made from high strength cement, selected aggregates, special super-plasticising additives and synthetic fibers. When mixed with water, Beton Grout 100 Plus forms hi-flow mortar suitable for pouring into formwork, when used to reintegrate concrete, or into specially prepared seats, when used for anchoring work, without having to vibrate the mix and with no risk of segregation, including when applied in thick layers. If Beton Grout 100 Plus is mixed with water only, it must be cured in a damp environment in order to allow its expansive properties to develop fully and correctly. Thanks to this particular technology, guaranteeing higher dimensional stability and a reduction in cracking phenomenon. Beton Grout 100 Plus complies with the principles defined in EN 1504-9, the requirements of EN 1504-3, which regulates products used to carry out structural and non-structural repairs on concrete elements, and of EN 1504-6, which defines products used to anchor rebar in place.
Field of Application
• Rebuilding and strengthening motorway kerbs.
• Anchoring barriers.
• Strengthening structural elements and members such as reinforced concrete pillars and beams.
• Rebuilding pier caps and bearing elements on motorway viaducts.
• Integrating floor slabs on bridges and viaducts after removing damaged areas.
• Repairing concrete floors.
• Repairing joints in motorways.
• Repair work on hydraulic structures.
COVERAGE / CONSUMPTION
Preparation of the substrate
• Remove all deteriorated and loose concrete to form a solid, rough and strong substrate. Any areas previously repaired and which are not perfectly bonded must also be removed.
• Remove all dust, rust, cement laitance, grease, oil and paint from the concrete and reinforcement rods by sandblasting or hydro-sandblasting.
• Treat reinforcement rods with Ferroprimer 1K or 2K, according to the procedure given in the Technical Data Sheet of product.
• Saturate the substrate with water.
• Before carrying out repairs, wait until excess water has evaporated.
Preparing the product
Pour approximately 5.5 liters of clean water into a container and slowly add a 25 kg bag of Beton Grout 100 Plus while mixing. Carefully mix the blend for several minutes then remove any powder which has stuck to the sides and bottom of the container. Add more water to obtain the consistency required without exceeding the recommended amount, approximately 6-6.5 liters. Mix again for several minutes to form a well-blended, plastic consistency, lump-free mixture. Beton Grout 100 Plus remains workable for around 15 minutes at +10°C to +25°C.
Applying the product
Pour a constant flow of Beton Grout 100 Plus into the formwork from one side only, making sure that the air is expelled and make sure the formwork is well sealed to prevent any mortar leaking out. The formwork must not draw any of the mixing water from the Beton Grout 100 Plus and it is recommended to treat the formwork with a form-release product. There is no need to vibrate the mortar after pouring. Pieces of round bar may be used to help the mortar flow into more difficult areas. If areas thicker than 5 cm need to be repaired with Beton Grout 100 Plus and they are not confined, dolly bars must be placed in position before pouring the mortar so that the layer of mortar over them is at least 2-3 cm thick. Layers less than 5 cm thick may be poured without adding rebar, as long as the substrate has a surface roughness of at least 5 mm to contrast expansion phenomenon, which normally takes place within the first 24 hours. When applied as anchoring of metallic structures pour Beton Grout 100 Plus in a constant flow from one side only, making sure that the air is expelled from the area to be filled, which must be at least 2.5-3 times bigger than the diameter of the bar to be anchored. The mortar does not need to be vibrated after pouring. Use lengths of round iron bar to work the mortar into tight spaces.