Flatex Plus is a two-component flexible cementitious slurry comprising a liquid polymer and cement-based powder. When are mixed and applied after curing, it forms a flexible, continuous waterproofing membrane. The product protects cement-based plasters and concrete, including those on grade. Flatex Plus meets the requirements defined by EN 1504-2 coating (C) according to the PI, MC, and IR principles (“Protection systems for concrete surfaces”).
Field of Application
· Protecting concrete piles and decks on road and railway viaducts from carbon dioxide penetration.
· Protecting structures with insufficient concrete cover around reinforcing steel.
· Protecting concrete surfaces that come into contact with seawater, de-icing salts such as sodium chloride and calcium and sulphate salts.
· Protecting concrete with cracks caused by shrinkage to block the penetration of water and aggressive agents present in the atmosphere.
· Flexible skimming layers on concrete structures with thin sections, including those subjected to small deformations when under load (for example prefabricated elements).
Product identity Component A Component B
COVERAGE / CONSUMPTION
Preparing the substrate
All substrates must be mechanically strong, free of dirt, oil, grease, paint, laitance, concrete sealers, efflorescence, or curing compounds. Any grease or wax must be removed from old ceramic floors using a basic detergent. Screeds and concrete must be completely cured, at least 30 days for screeds and 3 months for concrete. Prime highly absorbent surfaces like lightweight concrete with Seal Primer or DCI Grip Primer to improve adhesion.
Preparing the product
Pour the B component (liquid) into a suitable, clean container, then slowly add the A component (powder) while stirring with a mechanical mixer making sure that no powder remains stuck on the bottom or to the sides of the container. Continue stirring until a homogenous mixture is formed. Use a low-speed mechanical mixer for this preparation to avoid too much air being dragged into the mix. Do not prepare the mix by hand. Preparation of Flatex Plus can also be made with a mortar mixer, which is usually connected with the mortar sprayer. In this case, make sure that the mixture is homogenous before it is poured into the pump’s hopper.
Applying the product
Apply Flatex Plus within 60 minutes after preparation. Applied on the prepared surface to a feather edge with a thin layer of Flatex Plus with a smooth trowel or brush; then, while the first coat is still fresh, apply a second coat to form a final thickness of at least 2 mm thick. In the case of waterproofing terraces, balconies, basins, and swimming pools, we recommend embedding alkali-resistant reinforcement mesh in the first layer of Flatex Plus while it is still fresh. The mesh must be used in areas with either small cracks or regions under particular stress. After installing the mesh, finish off the surface with a flat trowel and apply a second layer of Flatex Plus when the first one has set (after 4-5 hours). After applying Flatex Plus, wait 5 days for curing before laying ceramic tiles.