Primer PU25 is a one-component polyurethane solvent based primer which sets due to the reaction with the moisture which is present in the surrounding air and in the screeds, and which has the property of penetrating well into the substrate. After evaporation of the solvent and the product is set, the surface layer of the substrate becomes more solid, harder and abrasion resistant. The efficiency of the primer increases more as the amount of penetration increases. Therefore, it is advisable to dilute the first coat from 25% to 100% according to the absorbency of the screed.
Field of Application
· Consolidation of screed`s that are mechanically weak.
· Isolating primer for anhydrite or gypsum substrates.
· Anti-dust consolidating impregnator for industrial concrete floors.
· Waterproofing treatment before the laying of wooden flooring.
· Anti-dust treatment for both cementitious and anhydrite screeds with irregular surfaces.
· Preparation of synthetic mortars.
COVERAGE / CONSUMPTION
Preparation of substrate
The screed must be free of oil, wax and dirt in general and must be cured for at least 7 to 10 days for every cm of thickness in the case of traditional screeds. Where quick-hydration screeds are used, the curing time must be according to that recommended for the product. Cracks and crazing must be opened and repaired with Epoinject,
Preparing the product
Ready to be used.
Applying the product
Slightly wet a cotton cloth with Primer PU25 and rub it on the surface. Abundant applications are not recommended. The thinner the film deposited the better the product performs. This is the reason why only one coat is applied. As soon as the product dries approximately 24 hours depending on the conditions the adhesive must be applied.