The extruded products expand upon contact with the humidity in the air and then harden rapidly to form a stable, closed-cell structure with excellent mechanical characteristics and high insulating and soundproofing properties. PU FOAM F1200 is waterproof and are resistant to temperatures from -40°C to +90°C, humidity and the effect of ageing. Both types of foam adhere well to all materials normally used in the building industry such as brickwork, concrete, gypsum, wood, metal, glass, foam polystyrene, PVC and rigid foam polyurethane, and are also resistant to the formation of mould and mildew. Once hardened, can be cut, sanded, ground, drilled, skimmed with cementitious products and painted. According to DIN 4102 German standards they are classified as flammability class B3.
Field of Application
· Thermal insulation and soundproofing of door frames, window frames and roller-blind housings.
· Filling and insulating gaps between different types of building materials.
· Fixing support frames in place for door and window fittings.
· Filling and insulating gaps between support frames and walls and support frames and fittings when installing doors and windows.
· Insulating through pipes for heating, air-conditioning and cooling systems.
· Filling and insulating construction features and fittings on roofs and flat roofs.
· Filling and insulating features and fittings used for external insulation systems.
· Bonding embedded electrical fittings such as cable-runs and junction boxes
COVERAGE / CONSUMPTION
Preparation of substrate
The surface on which the foam is to be applied must have no traces of dust, must be clean with no grease or oil stains and any loose or detached material must be removed. Protect delicate surfaces next to the area where the product is being applied with masking tape to prevent the product going onto them.
Preparing the product
Ready to be used.
Applying the product
PU FOAM F1200 (manual application)
Remove the protective cap and screw the feed tube to the spray nozzle. Hold the can upside down, point the tube to the area where the foam is to be applied and press the hand lever. Feed the foam into the area starting from the lowest, deepest part and work upwards until the gap is filled to around 50-60% of its volume. The gap will become completely filled when the material has expanded.
PU FOAM F1200 (gun application)
Screw the can to the adaptor gun using the threaded collar. Point the gun towards the area to be filled and press the trigger. The amount of foam to be fed into the area may be regulated with the feed screw located at the back of the gun and by the stroke of the trigger. Feed the foam into the area starting from the lowest, deepest part and work upwards until the gap is filled to around 50-60% of its volume. The gap will become completely filled when the material has expanded. If the can runs out, replace it immediately with a new one; shake well prior to use to prevent the foam setting inside the gun. To fill larger gaps (more than 5 cm wide), we recommend applying several layers of product; wait between each layer until the previous one has expanded before applying the next one. Immediately after applying the product, we recommend spraying the foam with water to get a better yield and optimum polymerization.