When are mixed and applied after curing, it forms a flexible, continuous waterproofing membrane. The product protects cement-based plasters and concrete, including those on grade. Seal Master Plus meets the requirements defined by EN 1504-2 coating (C) according to the PI, MC, and IR principles (“Protection systems for concrete surfaces”).
Field of Application
· Interior and exterior use.
· For waterproofing before installing all types of tile and stone.
· Swimming pools, fountains, and water features.
· Terraces and balconies over unoccupied spaces.
· Restoring old balconies without removing the existing floor.
· Shower pans, stalls, and tub surround.
· As a flexible leveling compound subject to vibrations or movement on the concrete.
· Protection of concrete from aging and carbonation.
· Protection of concrete on grade.
· Flexible leveling over plasters and screeds with micro cracks.
· Seal Master Plus is completely water-resistant against positive water pressure and is water-resistant against negative water pressure of up to 1.5 atm. Once it is cured, it is resistant to soluble salts present in seawater or the ground, such as chlorides and sulfates.
COVERAGE / CONSUMPTION
Preparing the substrate
All substrates must be mechanically strong, free of dirt, oil, grease, paint, laitance, concrete sealers, efflorescence, or curing compounds. Any grease or wax must be removed from old ceramic floors using a basic detergent. Screeds and concrete must be completely cured, at least 30 days for screeds and 3 months for concrete. Prime highly absorbent surfaces like lightweight concrete with Seal Primer or DCI Grip Primer to improve adhesion. For exterior applications, always maintain expansion joints from the substrate and treat with DCI Tape W12. For all coves, corners, columns, expansion joints, floor/wall transitions, and other changes in substrate plane, treat with appropriate TAPE before application of Seal Master Plus.
Preparing the product
Pour the B component (liquid) into a suitable, clean container, then slowly add the A component (powder) while stirring with a mechanical mixer making sure that no powder remains stuck on the bottom or to the sides of the container. Continue stirring until a homogenous mixture is formed. Use a low-speed mechanical mixer for this preparation to avoid too much air being dragged into the mix. Do not prepare the mix by hand. Preparation of Seal Master Plus can also be made with a mortar mixer, which is usually connected with the mortar sprayer. In this case, make sure that the mixture is homogenous before it is poured into the pump’s hopper.
Applying the product
Apply Seal Master Plus within 60 minutes after preparation. Applied on the prepared surface to a feather edge with a thin layer of Seal Master Plus with a smooth trowel or brush; then, while the first coat is still fresh, apply a second coat to form a final thickness of at least 2 mm thick. In the case of waterproofing terraces, balconies, basins, and swimming pools, we recommend embedding alkali-resistant reinforcement mesh in the first layer of Seal Master Plus while it is still fresh. The mesh must be used in areas with either small cracks or regions under particular stress. After installing the mesh, finish off the surface with a flat trowel and apply a second layer of Seal Master Plus when the first one has set (after 4-5 hours). After applying Seal Master Plus, wait 5 days for curing before laying ceramic tiles.
Installing the tiles
Wait approx one day after applying Seal Master Plus before installing tiles and using a C2 adhesive.