Water Stop is a pre-blended powder binder composed of high-strength cements and special admixtures. Water Stop contains no chlorides. Mixed with water, Water Stop form a paste with a plastic-thixotropic consistency easy to apply even on vertical surfaces, with no need for formwork. Water Stop has a very fast setting time about two minutes at +20°C and, after curing has very high compressive and flexural strength after only half an hour.
Field of Application
· Stopping water leaks in basements, subways and below grade structures in general.
· Stopping water leaks in tanks above ground.
· Waterproof sealing of rigid joints between walls and floor slabs.
· Waterproof sealing of cracks and holes.
COVERAGE / CONSUMPTION
Preparing the substrate
Sealing water leaks
· Enlarge the cracks or dovetail holes so that the wider part is towards the inside. The minimum external sizes must be about 2 cm in width and 2 cm in depth.
· Remove any incoherent material from cavities.
Waterproof sealing of rigid joints
· Remove any degraded or loose material and clear all dust by means of compressed air.
· Thoroughly wet the substrate with water.
Before sealing, wait until any excess water has evaporated. Compressed air or a sponge can be used, if necessary, to facilitate the removal of unabsorbed water. The ideal condition would be a cavity saturated with water but with a dry surface.
Preparing the product
While stirring, pour 1 kg of Water Stop into a container holding 280 g of water and mix manually with trowel to obtain a smooth mix with no lumps. Due to the fast setting time prepare only enough of the product for use within one minute.
Applying the product
· Stopping water leaks: Mold Water Stop manually into the shape of a cork, wait a few seconds until mix begins to cure, then force product into crack or hole. Keep under pressure for 2-3 minutes until set. After this, remove any excess material with a sandpaper disk or abrasive wheel. With multiple leakages, begin applying Water Stop from the top.
· Waterproof sealing of rigid joints: Work Water Stop mix into cavity with trowel or float immediately after preparation. Keep surface damp for the first 15-20 minutes.