The sealant is in the form of soft paste with a thixotropic consistency that is easy to apply on both horizontal and vertical surfaces. It hardens at room temperature thanks to the moisture present in the surrounding air and forms a flexible seal that allows joints to expand and contract by up to 25% of their original size. AC 200 offers resistance to all types of weather conditions, industrial surroundings, thermal shocks, immersion in water and exposure to damp environments. It adheres strongly to glass, ceramic, painted surfaces and certain types of plastic without the use of a primer.
Field of Application
· Sealing joints in wall and floor coverings of ceramic.
· Sealing joints between sinks or sanitary ware and ceramic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and showers.
· Sealing expansion joints in swimming pools.
· Assembling compositions of glass tiles and artistic stained glass windows.
· Sealing glazing, door, and window frame portholes, windows, and glass.
· Sealing air ducts, and water pipes.
· Sealing tanks, service pipes, and boilers.
· Sealing of joints subject to high chemical and thermal stress.
· Sealing materials of different thermal exposure coefficients.
COVERAGE / CONSUMPTION
Preparation of substrate
Surfaces to be sealed must be dry, de-greased, solid and free of dust, loose parts, oil, grease, wax, old paintwork and rust on metal surfaces. We recommend applying masking tape along the edges of the joint in order to avoid the sealant seeping out of the joint and to get a more attractive finish.
Preparing the product
Ready to be used.
Applying the product
Insert the cartridge in an extrusion gun, cut off the tip of the cartridge, screw on the extrusion nozzle, trim the nozzle at an angle of 45° and according to the extruded width required and squeeze out the product in a continuous flow into the joint while trying to avoid air entering the joint. Immediately after applying the sealant, smooth over the surface before it hardens with a spatula wetted with soap and water. Remove the masking tape immediately after smoothing over the sealant