Screed 80 Rapid is a special cement-based screed mortar with fluid consistency and controlled shrinkage. It is used for quick drying screeds, suitable for use in interior civil and commercial applications. Screed 80 Rapid is classified as CT – C40 – F10 – A9 – A1fl in compliance with EN 13813 Standards.
Field of Application
· For interior and exterior use.
· Suitable substrate under ceramic tile, stone, parquet, and resilient materials.
· Floating and bonded screeds up to 80 mm thick.
· Suitable for heated screeds up to 80 mm.
COVERAGE / CONSUMPTION
Preparation of the substrate
The substrates must be dry, solid, and free of dust, loose and detached parts, paint, wax, oil, and other remaining products. Apply a special compressible band around the perimeter of the rooms to be laid and around any vertical elements that pass through the floor (such as pillars and columns).
Preparing the product
Mix product with approximately 18-20% water (4.5-5 liters per 25 kg bag), using either a concrete mixer or traditional mixing equipment (pump).
– If using a concrete mixer, add the desired amount of material, start the mixer, and add water. Mix for 5 minutes until a smooth, fluid consistency is obtained.
– If using a traditional mixer/pump, add the desired amount of material to the hopper, start the mixer and slowly add the required water amount until the consistency is fluid.
The final consistency should be smooth and fluid, but not liquid.
Applying the product
The screed mortar must be used within 45 minutes after mixing. Once level indicators are positioned, the screed mortar must be poured and spread evenly, then leveled with suitable leveling bars or squeegees. The mortar is poured onto the primed substrate in one layer and is spread to the desired thickness with a large metal notched trowel, squeegee, etc. Once the product has self-leveled, it must be rolled immediately with a suitable spiked roller to release all the air retained within its mass.
Installing the tiles
Installation of Tiles Installation of the tile finish can begin approximately 72 hours after the application of Screed 80 Rapid (at 23°C and 50% R.H.). Provide for expansion joints in compliance with UNI 11493-1: 2016.